Prawn & Pineapple Curry
Hearty and scrumptious pineapple curry with juicy prawns.
Ready in 25 mins (10 Servings)
1 box Seagift Head on Prawn (1kg)
Â½ Pineapple (approx. 500g), cut away centre core
1 tsp Dried chilli powder
3 Medium onions (~150g)
3g Turmeric (slice)
4 Candlenuts (~10g)
4 Lemongrass (slice) (~30g)
5 Tbsp Oil for frying paste
1 Â½ Tbsp Assam
150ml Hot water
1 Â½ Tbsp Sugar
(optional) Salt to taste
1. Dissolve assam in hot water and set aside.
2. Blend all paste ingredients finely.
3. Heat pot with 5 tbsp oil, fry the blended paste over low heat until fragrant.
4. Mix in the assam.
5. When oil separates from the paste *, mix in prawns and pineapple. When prawns are red and cooked, add sugar. Add more water, if necessary.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt accordingly.
7. Serve while hot
Note: * Quick cook over high heat.